Dr Willam Richards
- MBBS (Adelaide) 1985
- FFARCSI 1989
- FANZCA 1994
Dr William Richards has a wide range of clinical anaesthetic experience in over 25 years of anaesthetic practice. Current practice involves expertise in opthalmic, ear nose and throat, general surgery and procedural sedation.
Dr Richards qualified in 1985 and spent two years at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital as a junior doctor.
In 1987 Dr Richards commenced anaesthetic training in Plymouth, England and continued further training at University College Hospital, London in 1988-1989.
In 1990 Dr Richards returned to the Adelaide anaesthetic training scheme. He completed rotations through the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, the Royal Adelaide Hospital and The Women’s and Children’s Hospital, including 12 months subspeciality training in paediatric anaesthesia.
In 1994 Dr Richards undertook a post anaesthetic fellowship position at Beaumont Hospital, Dublin which provided subspeciality training in neuroanaesthesia.
On return to Adelaide in 1995, Dr Richards commenced an appointment as a Consultant Anaesthetist at Flinders Medical Centre where he worked for six years.
In 2002 Dr Richards joined Specialist Anaesthetist Services.
- Registered Anaesthetic Specialist – APHRA
- Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists
- Member of the Australian Society of Anaesthetists
- Member of the Australian Medical Association
- Member of Medical Insurance Australia
- Consultant Anaesthetist – Specialist Anaesthetic Services
- Senior Visiting Consultant – Flinders Medical Centre